Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Girl Talk Thursday--- a few days late

If you go back a couple of posts I blogged about my good friends Shallon and Sheldon getting engaged! Well, they picked a date... actually Shallon has had this date picked for a while, she just didn't know if she would get the ring and be able to plan a wedding in time. They are getting married on October 23, 2010 and guess what..... I'm the MOH!!! I'm very exciting to be part of this day and couldn't be happier for these two! Since we are on the subject of weddings one of my favorite movies is 27 dresses. In this movie the girl has some crazy bridesmaid dresses...totaling 27 of them. I sure don't have that many and all of mine have been very pretty and dresses I really do love. So for girl talk Thursday I'm going to show you my bridesmaid dresses that I've collected over the years and tell you about each bride!!!  Some of the pictures are of me in the dress, some are of models, and some are of other girls in the wedding.

And readers leave me a comment with how many weddings you have been in!!! Or write a blog about your bridesmaid dresses!!!

Lindsey and Tiago  October 15, 2005



I have known Lindsey since we were little. We grew up together at church and were at each others house every weekend. I actually introduced Tiago and Lindsey one day at Augusta State University...and their relationship grew from that first meeting. I met Tiago at a Baptist Student Union meeting. He was stationed at Fort Gordon and was looking for a christian group to be part of. I still remember sitting in my bedroom one night when he called me and wanted to know what his friend should do "the friend was interested in a girl...that was out on a date with another guy" I quickly realized that friend was Tiago... and that girl was Lindsey. I told him to tell her how he felt and then let her decide. She decided on Tiago and they were marrried not too long after that!!! They still live here in the area and have 2 beautiful daughters Savannah and Charlotte!

Here is the dress I wore for her wedding.  The color is toffee!





Mandy and Trey June 10, 2006



I have known Mandy since I was little from church and our families being close friends she also used to babysit my brother and me. I remember sneaking out of bed to go sit and listen to Mandy talk on the phone to her friends and want to be like her! When I got in middle school and high school we became really good friends and I really enjoyed hanging out with the "older" girls. I met Trey when I first got into the college group at church. I remember him and another guy were visiting and they were telling us about their wild adventures... a few I think involved cops lol and I remember being a little scared of them!!! Little did I know that soon Mandy and Trey would start dating and then get married... and No i'm not scared of Trey anymore... I think he has calmed down some lol! They still live in here in the area also and have a handsome little man named Parker!

Here is the dress I wore for her wedding.   The color is rose and creme!



Tracy and Kevin June 7, 2008



I have known Tracy forever!!!! We have grown up together at church and our families have been friends for years. Tracy and I really became close when I joined the puppet team at church. Her dad was the director and we got the chance to hang out a lot. As we got into high school and then in college our friendship grew and we became pretty inseparable. I remember Tracy calling and telling me about this guy that worked at the school she was student teaching at. She was interested but didn't want to be but then she wanted to like him and then she didn't... I told her to go for it... mainly because that's what I tell everyone! Well they started hanging out and ended up dating and pretty soon Brandon and I went on a 4 day vacation with Kevin and Tracy. I learned that weekend that Kevin was perfect for Tracy. They just fit... my mom knew it from the first moment she saw Kevin and Tracy together! They live here in the area still and they also have a little boy named Wyatt. He is so adorable when he laughs...which he does a lot!

Here is the dress for her wedding.  The color is celadon with brown ribbon!  This is Ashley and Lindsay modeling this!



Nicole and Scott August 8, 2009



I have known Nicole since kindergarten. We have grown up together from elementary through high school. In high school we were on the flag/dance team together and we looked a lot alike and at one football game my parents videoed Nicole during the half time show instead of me! We were known as the twins and have been really good friends for a long time. I met Scott our freshman year of high school. He went to Lakeside and then started going to our church also. We became good friends and if you knew us in high school you know we did date for a while but we were meant to be more like family than anything else. When him and Nicole started dating I was so excited for both of them. Nicole and Scott dated through the end of high school and all through college. We all knew they would get married we just weren't sure when.... Well timing worked out great because Nicole and I were able to plan our weddings and finish our last couple of semesters of college together. We would sit in class and make invitation lists, look through wedding books, and talk about everything else... instead of school work. Good thing though we both graduated with our bachelor degrees, got married, and now actually work side by side at work. They do not have kids yet, but they do have a big baby named Chloe... she is an American Bulldog and I am her favorite dog sitter. Well she likes Brandon a lot too. They are planning on waiting a while for kids... so we will see! They are also still in the area

This is the dress for her wedding.  The color is Apple!



Shallon and Sheldon October 23, 2010




I met Shallon in middle school. Her family also started attending the church... they were one of the first African American families at the church, even though Shallon claims up and down she's white! We became fast friends and continued being friends all the way through high school. We were in band together and were able to go on a lot of trips together and have a lot of fun... with Nicole also! When we were in high school Shallon said she was going to marry a white guy. We all joked with her about it and then she went to college and met Sheldon... he is the whitest black guy ever... so I guess Shallon was kinda right!! They are such a cute couple and are a lot like Brandon and I. Shallon is loud and super friendly and Sheldon is very quite and reserved.. till you get to know him! Brandon is the same way...and well I'm super loud myself. So we all get a long and have a lot of fun together. Shallon and Sheldon will get married in 221 days and will not be living here. But they better come home often!!!!! They don't have any kids yet...or any pets. Stay updated for more stuff about their wedding!!

This is the dress I will be wearing for her wedding.  The color is cornflower!

1 comment:

  1. Lets see....
    I was a flower girl for my cousin Trey & Michelle's wedding.
    Then I was a "black" bridesmaid at my older sister's first wedding.
    I was a "sage green" bridesmaid at Jordan's sister's wedding.
    I was a "navy" bridesmaid at Melissa & Brandon's wedding.
    I was an "apple" bridesmaid at Holly & Wade's wedding.
    I was a "taupe" bridesmaid at my older sister's second wedding.
    I was an "apple" bridesmaid (again!) at my mom's wedding.
    I will be in Aubergine at my little sister's wedding this december.

    My bridesmaids wore "cognac!" (aka- chocolate brown)

    Am I forgetting anything?

    ReplyDelete