Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hey! My name is Kimberly and....

I'm overweight.   There I said it.   Now I can do something about it.  I've never been "skinny" and I've never been been "huge" either... I've always been in the middle.  Until I met Brandon....and got comfortable. I mean hey here is this guy who loves me for me and so why should I try anymore right??  Well that worked until I got engaged and realized I didn't want to look like this on my wedding day.  So after months of working out and eating right...and then not working out and not eating right, I couldn't fit into my wedding dress.  So here it is the end of September and I'm getting married in November and I am seriously thinking I will have to wear a trash bag on my wedding day.  I finally kicked it into high gear and was working out at least 5 days a week, drinking nothing but water, and eating healthy... I had stopped all fast food!!! Brandon, my family, and my friends were so supportive and I lost 15 pounds before the wedding... got in my dress, felt so much better, and was really happy with myself.

And then we went on a cruise for our honeymoon. I came back 10 pounds heavier and so did Brandon.  I didn't know it was possible to gain 10 pounds in a week... but I did.  The clothes I wore the first part of the week didn't fit when I got back and instead of getting back in the gym and eating right... I sat on my butt at work and at home and didn't step foot into the gym for almost 2 months.  Ate my way through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years and haven't thought too much about it.  Until I started watching the new season of The Biggest Loser.  I told Brandon "I weigh the same as them... I'm not big enough to be on that show am I" and he said they are probably shorter than you, which means they carry their weight different than you do.  Well I was looking online and saw where they put each contestants weight and height on there... and there were 2 girls my height and very close to my weight on the show.... That stopped me in my tracks and jolted me back to reality.  

I have to get this weight off... since the wedding I have gained back all 15 pounds I lost plus 5-8 more pounds.  I don't feel good and I can't fit into any of my clothes.

So, I am going to do my own biggest loser I'm going to put out on the internet for all the world to see my weight, my measurements, and before pictures of myself.  I hope by making my weight loss public I will be held more accountable and I hope that my readers will be encouraging to me and supportive.  I will post weekly updates on my weight loss, inches lost, food im eating, and work out program. 

If anyone wants to join me in this challenge send me an email at ksbusby@yahoo.com  and we can do it together!   I'm ready to get my life back and be able to fit into my old clothes!!!!!  I know I can do it. No, I don't have my wedding dress to get into before the big day but I do have a ton of clothes that I can work towards getting into!

I will be posting all of my goals, measurements, weight, and before pictures later this evening so check back!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Kim! Get motivated and make a change!!! You are so right about getting "comfortable"- Jordan and I have both put on a substantial amount of weight since we've been together. I refuse to buy larger pants!!! This is a main reason why I've decided to get back into running and train for another half marathon!

    ReplyDelete